Suffering from Viral Fever - Viral Fever Symptoms and TreatmentLast Updated - Mon, Aug 27 2018
Similar Questions - what are symptoms of viral fever, best home remedies for viral fever, viral fever treatment, medicine for viral fever, fever and body pain
My son is suffering from fever last few days. He is having mild temperature increase at night and throat infection also. Please suggest some medicine for viral fever. What are best home remedies for viral fever?
Viral Fever refers to a group of viral infections caused by airborne viral infection and waterborne infections also. This mainly caused because of the increase in normal body temperature. It's very common for children as well as old people due to the low amount of immunity. This happens when there is a decrease in the number of antibodies produced to fight pathogens.
Symptoms of Viral Fever
- Body Pain and High Temperature
- Sneezing and Coughing
- A headache
- Throat infection or Itchiness in a throat
- A runny nose or congestion
- Burning sensation in eyes
- Rashes in skin
Causes of Viral Fever
Viral fever is a situation that is transmitted from one person to another through direct contact with body fluids of the infected person. Other ways are
- Consuming virus contaminated foods or drink.
- Direct contact with the infected person sexually or by body fluids.
- Some antibiotics medications and drugs
- Tetanus or pneumococcal vaccine
Better to avoid antibiotics drugs if it is not severed fever since it can damage your health seriously. And if your doctor prescribes any antibiotics, that can help to reduce secondary infection when you are sick. But it's recommended completing the course of antibiotics even if you are feeling better. Anti-viral Medicines or drugs cannot treat the infectious viruses but they do prevent their development. Prevention is better than cure, in case of viral fever.
The doctor may advise you to take blood tests ( CBC test) to check conditions like typhoid, dengue, chikungunya, malaria, etc.
Best treatments are :
- Taking rest
- Having light and warm food or soup.
- Wear cool and light clothes.
- Tulsi leaves, rice starch, fenugreek water, and Coriander tea are best home remedies to deal with the viral fever.
- Avoid crowded places.
- Wash your hands and face properly.
- Use a cloth to cover your mouth when you sneezing or coughing.
- Sterilize the baby’s utensils.
- Baby’s clothes should be washed separately.
- If anyone at home suffering from fever, keep the baby away from him to avoid infections.
- Always wash hands regularly.
- Use home remedies to avoid mosquitoes.
The above medicine data is written by Dr. Harikah PP. It is edited, updated and maintained by JustDoc Quality Team. If you have any queries regarding the data, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Read about our Medical Team here.