Medicine for Loose Motion and Diarrhea. Please suggest some home remedies.Last Updated - Fri, Mar 16 2018
Similar Questions - tablet for loose motion, medicine for diarrhea, home remedies for loose motion, medicine for stomach upset, medicine for watery stools, remedies for loose stools
What is causing this diarrhoea? Also, can you please suggest a medicine for loose motion? Should I take a painkiller for abdominal pain?
Is there some way to improve stomach health by natural home remedies as well? Please let me know. I desperately need an answer to my condition and I don't feel well at all.
Category: General Physician
Symptoms of Loose Motions
- Stomach Pain or cramps
- Watery or loose stool
- Increase in frequency of bowel movements
- Fever or weight loss (happens with severe loose motions)
- Dark stools or blood in stools
- Bacterial Infection
- Food Poisoning
- Allergic Reaction
- Side effect of antibiotics or other medicines
- Irregular Eating
- Crohn's disease
- Parasite infection
- Traveller's diarrhea
Medicine for Loose Motions
- Eldoper 2mg Tablet- It is an anti-diarrhea medicine that treats diarrhea that starts suddenly. It also helps in treating loose motions associated with other diseases
- ORS Solution - Oral Rehydration Solution is a drink with water, sugar & salt that rehydrates the body during diarrhea. Hydration is the most important thing to keep in mind during diarrhea. Always keep an ORS solution (aka Electral Powder) handy while travelling or at home first-aid kit.
- Vizylac Capsule - It has 40 million Lactobacillus Sporogenes cells that help in breaking down food and restoring the abdominal & gastrointestinal tract. It has vitamin B complex which has other benefits as well. These cells are also called friendly bacteria.
- Lomotil Oral - It slows the movement of the intestine and decreases the frequency of bowel movements and further treating diarrhoea.
- Diphenoxylate-Atropine (Lomotil) - It slows the gut movement and helps in treating diarrhea
- Levsin Elixir Tablet- It helps with various stomach problems including cramps, bowel control, Irritable bowel syndrome, acid reflux etc.
- Loperamide Tablet - It slows the digestive process to give small intestine more time to process food and therefore reducing diarrhea
- Florastor Tablet - It is a probiotic form of yeast that prevents the growth of harmful bacteria in the stomach. It is generally taken when loose motions are caused as a side effect of antibiotics
- Bifilac Capsule - It is similar to vizylac capsule. It also has Lactobacillus Sporogenes (~50 million) which help in restoring gastrointestinal tract functions & processing the food faster.
Home Remedies for Loose Motions
- Eat Bland Food - Please don't eat spicy food, dairy products such as milk, cheese, coffee, food with complex nutrients that require longer digestion, fatty acids, greasy foods, fried foods, high dietary fibre foods etc. Keep your diet simple and plain that includes banana, rice, green-leafy vegetables, semi-solid diet, juices etc. This will provide relief to your digestive tract and help it absorb more nutrients.
- Keep yourself Hydrated- Loose motions also cause severe dehydration & it is very important to drink plenty of liquids and fluids when suffering from diarrhea. Drink at least 10-12 glasses of water every day. As mentioned above, you can also add electrolyte powder which may provide relief from cramps as well.
- Coconut water - It is very effective in treating loose motions and keeping the body hydrated enough during this period.
- Lemonade - It helps in reducing inflammation in the stomach and helps in clearing the digestive tract of all toxins quickly. Lemonade is a simple yet effective remedy to treat loose motions.
- Pomegranate - The fruit and even its juice are very effective in stopping loose motions to happen.
- Honey - Add a half teaspoon of honey with lukewarm water and some cinnamon powder. Drink this combination on empty stomach for 2-3 days and it will definitely provide relief from loose stools.
- Buttermilk - It has acid that fights germs and bacteria in the stomach and soothes the digestive system.
- Mustard Seeds - It has antibiotic properties which help in fighting bacteria and reducing loose stools. Add one-fourth teaspoon mustard seeds with lukewarm water and drink it.
- Eat Starch Rich Foods - You should take Rice, Potatoes & Carrots immediately after recovering from loose motions to still keep less strain on the intestines.
- Probiotic Curd - It is similar to Vizylac & Bifilac capsule that has friendly bacteria which helps in digestion.
The above medicine data is written by Dr. Anitha T. It is edited, updated and maintained by JustDoc Quality Team. If you have any queries regarding the data, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Read about our Medical Team here.