Chymoral Forte Tablet - What are the uses, side effects & dosage for pain & swelling in handLast Updated - Fri, Mar 16 2018
Similar Questions - Chymoral Forte, Trypsin Chymotrypsin, Chymoral Forte DS Tablet Price, Chymoral Forte 100000AU Tablet Composition, Chymoral Forte Tablet Price
I have pain & swelling in my hand due to a fracture & my doctor told me to take Chymoral Forte tablet after the fracture. He said it is helpful in reducing the inflammation & redness. So, I did some research on the tablet. I read that Chymotrypsin is an anti-inflammatory enzyme and is the main compound of Chymoral Forte. It speeds up chemical reactions in our body. How relevant is that?
Can you please advice me on the uses & side effects of Chymoral Forte in general so that I know what I'm taking? Also, what is the right dosage of this medicine?
I also have following questions regarding the medicine
1. Is Chymoral forte safe with alcohol?
2. Can someone overdose on this tablet?
3. Should I take Chymoral forte before food or after food?
Thanks in advance
Category: General Physician
Thanks for your query.
Chymoral Forte, as your doctor suggested is good to relieve pain & swelling in general. It is an NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug). Let me describe the medicine in detail so you have a good idea.
Chymoral Forte Uses:
1. Pain & Swelling - It is generally effective in the treatment of inflammation in tissues. Eg Hand Fractures, neck pain, swelling of tooth/gum etc.
2. Cataract Surgery - Chymotrypsin is very effective in cataract surgery. Eye inflammation & swelling
3. Burn - Chymotrypsin is also helpful in reducing the burn in tissues
4. Hematomas treatment
5. Chymoral Forte can also be taken after a cesarean delivery
Chymoral Forte Composition & Dosage:
Chymotrypsin (as you rightly said) is the main enzyme of the Chymoral tab. It usually has 6:1 ratio of trypsin:chymotrypsin, in a combined amount of 100,000 AU. In some cases, Chymotrypsin is also given via an injection.
It should be taken on an empty stomach and possibly immediately after the symptoms of swelling. It should be at least 1 hour before food.
Swallow the drug a whole, do not chew it or break it. Dosage would depend on the severity of the condition and should be taken as advised by a doctor.
Chymoral Forte Side Effects:
Chymoral Forte is generally considered safe when advised by a medical professional. There are some common & rare side effects the medicine as listed below:-
4. Allergic Reaction (Rare) - It might have rashes, itching, shortness of breath etc. Please contact your doctor immediately
Please be careful as this might not be a complete list and seek professional advice about Chymoral forte if you deem it necessary.
Chymoral Forte - Professional Advice:
1. Please consult a doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Chymoral Forte might interfere in certain functions.
2. Chymoral Forte also interferes with the blood clot, so please take necessary advice & precaution before undergoing any surgery or if you have a bleeding disorder.
3. Take extra precaution if you have a liver disorder or kidney disorder.
Chymoral Forte Availability & Cost:
Chymoral Forte is a slightly expensive drug as opposed to other pain relieving medicines. It is commonly available at pharmacies nearby. Two prominent manufacturers are Torrent Pharmaceutical Ltd. & Elder Pharmaceutical Ltd. Chymoral Forte manufactured by Torrent is available at Rs. 320 in the market.
Chymoral Forte FAQs:
1. I missed a dose of Chymoral Forte Tablet, what should I do?
If you have missed a dose by chance, try to use it ASAP when you notice. However, if the time is closer to your next dosage, simply skip the medicine. In such cases, try not to take the double dosage. It is usually recommended to take medicines at a fixed time every day.
2. I overdosed on the prescribed quantity of Chymoral Forte, what should I do?
If you feel that you might have taken more than the prescribed quantity of Chymoral forte, please talk to a physician immediately. If you are feeling some uneasiness, sickness etc. or the overdose was high, please visit ER instantly along with the packet of the tablet.
3. Can Chymoral Forte be used along with alcohol?
There are some studies that indicate that Chymotrypsin might interact with alcohol. It is generally advised to avoid alcohol consumption (or at least limit the consumption) during the period of dependency on the drug. If there is any stomach bleeding, please report it to the doctor immediately.
4. Is Chymoral Forte safe for pregnant women?
No, it is not safe to be taken during pregnancy. Please seek advice from your physician before taking the medicine during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
I hope this answers your questions. If you have any other concerns or questions, please talk to a physician for a specific answer.
The above medicine data is written by Dr. Aditi Gupta. It is edited, updated and maintained by JustDoc Quality Team. If you have any queries regarding the data, please email us at email@example.com. Read about our Medical Team here.