Weight Loss along with symptoms of Hyperthyroidism : Doubtful about my thyroid disorderLast Updated - Tue, May 15 2018
I am in doubt about my thyroid disorder. A thyroid lab test report is okay, nothing is wrong. But still, I feel that I am not okay. From last four months, I am suffering from under eye swelling, vaginal white discharge increased, I have knee pain and I feel a slight pain in the lower left side of my vagina during bowel movement with watery discharge from the vagina. I have become thin, 5-6 kg weight loss. Sometimes I feel slight cold.
All this is happening from last 4 months. Below are my reports:
- TSH - .706
- T3 - 1.120
- T4 - 7.58
- TPO - 20.89
- Antithyroglobulin antibodies - 20.73 IU/ml
- vitamin D - 17.4
- Vitamin B12 - 350
I guess TSH is low normal. Am I mild hyperthyroid patient? Should I take medicine? Please help me. Thanks.
Category: General Physician
Hyperthyroidism is a condition of the thyroid. The thyroid is a small, butterfly-shaped gland located at the front of your neck. It produces tetraiodothyronine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3), which are two primary hormones that control how your cells use energy. Your thyroid gland regulates your metabolism through the release of these hormones.
Hyperthyroidism occurs when the thyroid makes too much T4, T3, or both. Diagnosis of overactive thyroid and treatment of the underlying cause can relieve symptoms and prevent complications.
Causes of Hyperthyroidism
- Graves' disease, an autoimmune disorder, is the most common cause of hyperthyroidism. It causes antibodies to stimulate the thyroid to secrete too much hormone.
- Graves’ disease occurs more often in women than in men. It tends to run in families, which suggests a genetic link.
- Excess iodine, a key ingredient in T4 and T3
- Thyroiditis, or inflammation of the thyroid, which causes T4 and T3 to leak out of the gland.
- Tumors of the ovaries or testes
- Benign tumors of the thyroid or pituitary gland
- Large amounts of tetraiodothyronine taken through dietary supplements or medication.
- Weight loss despite an increased appetite
- Rapid heart rate
- Intolerance to heat
- Frequent bowel movements
The above medicine data is written by Dr. Aditi Gupta. It is edited, updated and maintained by JustDoc Quality Team. If you have any queries regarding the data, please email us at email@example.com. Read about our Medical Team here.