I am suffering from Burning Sensation near Urethra opening also my skin under penis foreskin has come off. I am applying forederma for the same but with zero effect. Please advise.Last Updated - Fri, Mar 16 2018
1. I had burning in my Urine & itching and little burning sensation near the Urethra Opening though I drink 5.5Litres of water daily
2. To over come the burning sensation around the Urethra Opening I applied Savlon, however did not check the Expiry Date.
3. Next day morning I observed that the Skin UNDER the Penis Foreskin has come off just below the Urination Opening.
4. I am taking Augment 625 (will complete the course today) for the Urethra Burning sensation and finding improvement
5. I have been applying Four Derma Ointment on the affected skin peel off area but ZERO improvement even after two days of application
Category: General Physician
A urinary tract infection (UTI) is an infection that affects part of the urinary tract. When it affects the lower urinary tract it is known as a bladder infection (cystitis) and when it affects the upper urinary tract it is known as kidney infection (pyelonephritis). Symptoms from a lower urinary tract include pain with urination, frequent urination, and feeling the need to urinate despite having an empty bladder.
Here are some key points about urinary tract infection.
- 40-50% of women have at least one urinary tract infection (UTI) during their lifetime. 20-30% have a recurrent UTI (2 infections in 6 months, or more than 3 infections a year).
- Women have a lifetime risk of over 50% of developing a urinary tract infection.
- The majority of urinary tract infections are caused by the E. Coli bacterium.
- Common symptoms include a strong, frequent urge to urinate and a painful and burning sensation when urinating.
- Urinary tract infection is usually diagnosed based on symptoms and testing of a urine sample.
- Urinary tract infections are commonly treated with antibiotics, although antibiotic use is also a risk factor for UTI.
- Having diabetes increases the risk of UTI, as do the use of tampons and spermicides,
frequent or intense sex, and sex with a new partner and/or multiple partners.
- Uncomplicated urinary tract infections can be cured with 2-3 days of treatment.
- Cranberry extracts do not treat UTIs, but may help reduce the risk of recurrent UTI.
- Most young women with urinary tract infections have uncomplicated urinary tract infections.
- Men with urinary tract infections should be presumed to have complicated urinary tract infections until it can be proven otherwise.
- In severe cases, seriously ill patients with urinary tract infections may need to be hospitalized.
- UTIs do not appear to be more common in pregnancy, but are more likely to lead to kidney infection and can be very dangerous for maternal and infant health.
Tab. Allegra 160 - 1-0-1 for 5 days
Lactocalamine lotion(calosoft) - Thrice a day for topical application over affected region.
Consult if problem persists.
The above medicine data is written by Dr. Aditi Gupta. It is edited, updated and maintained by JustDoc Quality Team. If you have any queries regarding the data, please email us at email@example.com. Read about our Medical Team here.