I have acne problem since age of 15 and its spots are not going away despite using a lot of cosmetic creams. Using Gulabjal and Multani Mitti are helping a bit since previous 7 monhts. Please help to remove these marks.Last Updated - Fri, Mar 16 2018
I had acne problem on my FACE (chicks) since my age was 15. To get rid of acne spot, I used lots of stuff like
- Himalaya Neem face wash 6 months
- Fair & Handsome cream 12 months
- Fresh N fairy cream 3 months
- Betnovate C 3 months Melacare 10 days
- Ponds White beauty facewash & cream 3 months
- Garnier Acnofight facewash 6 months
and lots of more stuff but totally wasted and disappointed.
My biggest mistakes were that I burst the pimples when it was big. From previous 7 months, I have been using Gulabjal and Multani Mitti (Fuller's Earth). Currently, my pimples are little clear but there is lots of spot like a whole that is totally humiliating for me. Please provide any solution to get rid of the root.
Acne is an inflammation of the skin that causes blackheads, whiteheads, and red spots usually called "pimples" or "zits."
The most common type of acne is acne vulgaris (vulgaris means common). Acne appears most often on the face, but can also be a nuisance on your chest, back, and upper arms. Acne affects about 90% of adolescents and 20% to 30% of individuals aged between 20 and 40 years.
Causes of Acne
- Acne develops because your sebaceous glands are overactive.
- Hormones can cause an outbreak of pimples, or increase the number you get.
- A tendency to get acne can run in families.
- Eating junk food and chocolate normally has nothing to do with acne.
- Things that irritate your skin can also cause acne. These include:
- rubbing or friction from your clothes
- use of certain cosmetics
- contact with a dog's tongue (e.g., after a friendly lick)
- skin contact with certain sports equipment
- skin exposure to extreme temperatures
Types of acne pimples
- Whiteheads - remain under the skin and are very small
- Blackheads - clearly visible, they are black and appear on the surface of the skin. Remember that a blackhead is not caused by dirt. Scrubbing your face vigorously when you see blackheads will not help
- Pustules - clearly visible on the surface of the skin. They are red at their base and have pus at the top
- Papules - visible on the surface of the skin. They are small bumps, usually pink
- Cysts - clearly visible on the surface of the skin. They are painful and are filled with pus. Cysts can easily cause scars.
- Nobules - clearly visible on the surface of the skin. They are large, solid pimples. They are painful and are embedded deep in the skin
Treatment of Acne
- Azelaic acid
- Retinoids (medications that come from vitamin A)
- Benzoyl peroxide
- Glycolic acid
- Lactic acid
- Salicylic acid
- Various fruit acid
I hope this answer is helpful. Using Betnovate cream might also cause acne because it contains steroids. Talk to a skin doctor.
The above medicine data is written by Dr. Sandeep Gupta. It is edited, updated and maintained by JustDoc Quality Team. If you have any queries regarding the data, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Read about our Medical Team here.