I am suffering from diabetes, find pain in my leg so unable to walk and feel nervous due to health.Last Updated - Fri, Mar 16 2018
I am 55 years male. I have already gone CABG in June 2011 & big toe debriment in June 2013. Sugar is a problem but have noticed that infection and stress only makes it worse. I am enclosing my latest report, just a week old for diagnosing.
Following are the medicines which I regularly take:
- Morning: Zoryl M3 Isrtavel, Novomix 14 units, Telma H
- Afternoon Ceruvin AF
- Evening: ZOryl M2 Forte, Novomix 12 units, ZIvast F
The problem is that I am unable to walk and find pain in my leg and feel very nervous due to my health. How can I be helped for wellness & anxiety?
Please note that I am regularly in touch with cardiologist and diabetologist and consult them at least 3 times a year. All the above medicines are prescribed. My thyrocare profile is enclosed. I stay alone in Mumbai as my wife passed away in 2010 and kids are in universities in different cities. Please advise.
Diabetes is a disease in which your blood sugar levels are too high. Glucose comes from the foods you eat. Insulin is a hormone that helps the glucose get into your cells to give them energy.
Types of Diabetes:
- Type 1 Diabetes: Your body does not make insulin.
- Type 2 Diabetes: Your body does not make or use insulin well. Without enough insulin, the glucose stays in your blood. This is the more common types.
- Prediabetes: This means that your blood sugar is higher than normal but not high enough to be called diabetes. Having prediabetes puts you at a higher risk of getting type 2 diabetes.
Having too much glucose in your blood can cause serious problems over long time. It can damage your kidneys, eyes and nerves. Diabetes can also cause heart diseases, stroke and even the need to remove a limb.
How to live with Diabetes:
- Eat well: Eat nutritious food at regular intervals. Avoid junk oily and spicy food.
- Avoid stress: Avoid stressful situations as they worsen the situation.
- Be active : Exercise regularly and keep yourself physically active
- Be in regular touch with your doctor
The above medicine data is written by Dr. Badakere C Rao. It is edited, updated and maintained by JustDoc Quality Team. If you have any queries regarding the data, please email us at email@example.com. Read about our Medical Team here.