I am having severe Ankle Ligament injury which is not healing properly due to low bone strength and Vitamin D levels. How can I improve my bone strength?Last Updated - Fri, Mar 16 2018
I am having severe Ankle Ligament injury since Dec 9th 2015. I was on cast for 1 month, then i took regular Physiotherapy (Supersonic waves in physiotherapy). My doctor became so worried as there was no improvement in my condition.
He suggested me to do Vitamin D3 test, my report showed it as 4.91, which is too less. He asked me take sunlight as much as possible and gave a medicine - (D-Shine spray 10,000 IU). He asked me to take this spray once in a week, 5 sprays in empty stomach before meal.
I am an alcoholic and a chain smoker. Do these affect such a situation?
What i need to do now to raise my bone strength and Vitamin D level? I want to get rid of my Ligament injury, as this has became a big concern for me. Please help!
- Lack of Estrogen in women and Androgen in men
- Inadequate calcium and Vitamin D levels
- Age related changes
- Lack of muscle use
In your case - smoking and alcohol consumption will delay the healing process. I would suggest the following for you:
- Eat a healthy diet rich in calcium and other vitamins, minerals such as one containing more of milk and milk solids that will help.
- Calcirol sachets once a week for 8 weeks and then once a month for one year
- Follow a weight loss diet for obesity
- Stop smoking
- Do an MRI if not getting better
Consult again after a few weeks for a followup.
The above medicine data is written by Dr. Mahantesh Magadum. It is edited, updated and maintained by JustDoc Quality Team. If you have any queries regarding the data, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Read about our Medical Team here.