The patient is irritable and has guilty feeling. She has no will to live. She even fights with her attendants. Kindly suggest what to do.Last Updated - Fri, Mar 16 2018
Please find below the details of the Patient:
1. Age:75, Widow, Languages Known: Marathi or Hindi only, lives with Daughters
2. Rheumatoid Arthritis patient. Bed-ridden since 8-9 years, some spinal cord problem
3. Recently diagnosed with Brain tumor - not operated - on ayurvedic medicine. Allopathy caused drowsiness and other problems. She is unaware of the tumor.
4. Irritable, guilty feeling, feeling of dependency and no will to live
5. Lost husband a few years back - feels guilty that she couldn't take care of him
6. Attendants available but she has fights with them
Kindly suggest what to do.
She requires counseling sessions with a Psychologist to help get out of the current state and so that you can discuss the issues you face and feel lighter yourself about it. (Target area for treatment is to make the patient accept her state of immobility as this seems to be the central feeling in her thought process.)
Ask daughter to explore the possibility of getting the help of a physiotherapist who could help her to become slightly mobile with support. Request them to consult a Doctor or General physician physically for further diagnosis and treatment for her.
The above medicine data is written by Ms. Samiksha Jain. It is edited, updated and maintained by JustDoc Quality Team. If you have any queries regarding the data, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Read about our Medical Team here.