Sleep problems and dizziness in head due to high blood pressureLast Updated - Thu, Apr 19 2018
Similar Questions - dizziness due to hypertension, sleep problem due to blood pressure
I'm of age 50 years, male, non-smoker and a teacher by profession. I'm taking BP medicines for last few years started with:
- ESLO 2.5 mg
- ESLO 5 mg
- Shall I take more readings for next few days?
- If I consult a local doctor what should I ask for?
- Should I consider changing my medicines?
Category: General Physician
First let me explain what is hypertension and some of its causes. Hypertension is defined as having a blood pressure higher than 140 over 90 mmHg. Blood pressure is the pressure applied by blood on the walls of the blood vessels. American Heart Association (AHA) defined the following ranges (in mmHg):
- Normal blood pressure - 120/80
- Prehypertension - 120-139/80-89
- Stage 1 hypertension - 140-159/90-99
- Stage 2 hypertension - 160+/100+
- Medical emergency - 180+/110+
- Physical inactivity
- Alcohol and tobacco abuse
- A salt-rich diet associated with processed and fatty foods
- Low dietary potassium
- Counseling sessions with a Psychologist to calm your mind and soothe your body
- Listen to soft music to put your body at ease
- Avoid rushing always and take time to spend with yourself at least for 10 minutes daily
- Start exercise for 45 minutes daily and go for jog. This helps your blood vessels stretch and relax
The above medicine data is written by Dr. Aditi Gupta. It is edited, updated and maintained by JustDoc Quality Team. If you have any queries regarding the data, please email us at email@example.com. Read about our Medical Team here.