Your hair is a good indicator of your health. The picture it portrays can help you turn up as a healthy individual or one with nutritional deficiencies. A lot of people know about this and take measures to correct their hair problems. Are you one of them taking vitamin supplements? Read on to know what your hair condition says about your body.

1.Your hairfall is due to the hair rejuvenating itself. 90% of your hair follicles at any given time are producing hair. The remaining 10% are in resting phase. In case you have had a surgery, given birth, been on medications or if you have gone on a crash diet, your hair could be under stress and will start falling off upto about 2 months later in bigger quantities.

2.Dandruff on your hair does not necessarily indicate an infection, a deficiency or a hereditary problem. This needs an anti-dandruff treatment and usually subsides with due care. Certain types of dandruff problems could arise due to a deficient Vitamin B or D and heal with treatment.

3.Dry hair are often due to harsh sun exposure or exposure to dry arid climates. This can make your hair brittle as well and lead to increased hair loss. Although some hairloss does occur due to hereditary conditions, depending on the pattern and your gender, it could also be due to stress or your body dealing with dehydration.

4.Nutritional deficiencies especially Vitamin A, Zinc, etc is common in people who diet, because low calorie diets also affect the total nutrition that goes to your hair. Omega-3-fatty acids are good for your hair and your heart too, so don't try to skip foods good for your hair next time you go on a diet.

5.Greying of hair may or may not be a hereditary issue. Thyroid problems, Vitiligo, Vitamin B deficiency and low Zinc diet can also cause premature ageing of hair.

6.Hairloss may also be a part of the side effects caused by many medications like anti-clotting (blood thinners), medicines for cholesterol, NSAIDs(certain pain relievers) and anti-depressants.

Overall it is important to take a balanced diet to keep your hair healthy and remember these points above when you notice a hair problem to see how you may be able t solve it.
Consider seeing a Dermatologist or a Trichologist if nothing else works.