One should keep away from waxing, scrubbing, sun exposure and exfoliation for a period of at least 24 hrs before a facial as they could leave skin inflamed and more exposed. This may lead to infection or irritation after the facial. A facial can irritate the region and thus don't pinch, rub or scratch the pimples and warts. Botox or eyelash extensions should be avoided at least 48 hrs prior to a facial. If you indulge in certain skin care related activities prior to facials, it can cause problems.
Here are 7 tips that will help you enjoy a great facial.
1. Say no to Waxing: One should keep away from waxing for a period of at least 24 hrs before a facial as they could leave skin inflamed and more exposed. This may lead to infection or irritation after the facial.
2. No Scrubbing: Using a face sponge or scrubber before a facial can inflame the skin which is not desirable.
3. Keep away from the Sun: On the previous day, keep away from the sun. Your skin needs a break to settle after sun exposure before facials can fix pigmentation caused by sunlight but your skin needs a break to settle after sun exposure. Acne removing ingredients in the treatment could react with skin inflamed by sunlight, causing troubles.
4. Don't drug Yourselves: Keep botox away, at least 48 hours before your facial, if you are using it. The chemicals can move to other regions of the face and also cause pain, when massaged during facial.
5. No touching: Do not scratch or pinch marks, pimples or anything on your face. This will leave your skin prone to infection after a facial as the skin will open up.
6. Don't use Extensions: The adhesive in eyelash extensions should not be exposed to any steam or lotion, at least for the next 48 hours. Avoid them along with any other accessories.
7. Abstain from Exfoliation: You should refrain from exfoliation as exfoliates contain glycolic acid and retinol that can sensitize the exterior layer of the skin.